[RC] Heel Bulbs Healing - April

I would like some opinions, please. A couple weeks ago an abscess blew out the heel bulbs on Tanna's hoof. For a week, I had the foot and bulbs wrapped with Epsom Salt Poultice. After removing the wrapping, I tried Trail Rite Ointment, but that appeared to make it worse and the last couple days, I've let it go with a squirt of betadine once or twice a day. Tanna is sound running in the pasture, but the heel bulbs are tender (when I poke at them) and look nasty still. I'd like suggestions on how to get this to heal nicely and quickly (if possible). I think I may be worrying it too much and if I'd just leave them alone, the spots would heal on their own.

Pictures can be seen at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/endurancerider/sets/72157602047171126/

Thanks,
April
Nashville, TN
http://endurancerider.blogspot.com

--
"It doesn't matter how slowly you go - as long as you don't stop!" - Confucius