Re: [RC] Over conditioning - Robert R

Thanks for all of those replies--makes perfect sense.  I was looking at it in terms of the months leading up rather than the closer to ride time frame, if I am understanding you all correctly and am planning on 10 days to 2 weeks off before the ride.  At least the way I am doing things now is shorter rides 2 or 3 a week (5 to 10 miles pacing at 8 miles an hour--trotting and cantering) and a longer, slower ride once a week (trotting and walking) that unfortunately isn't on a measured out distance but say 2.5 to 3 hours and I plan on upping that as soon as I settle on a saddle.  Am I on the right track for a 50 in the end of Nov.  On the long rides, he comes home with a pulse less than 60 and on the short ones, he is closer to 70 but under 60 in the time it takes me to get the saddle off.  Should I be pushing harder, backing off or staying the course?

This email scanned for Viruses and Spam by ZCloud.net using SpamViper