[RC] Virginia City - the trials of results by phone - Lucy Chaplin Trumbull

Apologies to VC riders for any odd name spellings.

The Teeters were reduced to having to listen to my hurried
recorded messages - my cell phone decided to suck the
battery dry as quickly as it could, so I was trying to find a
balance between getting the information out before I couldn't,
and getting the information out in such a way that they'd actually
understand what I said.

As for Kevin and I, we spent a good half an hour on the phone
while I ran my car engine to charge the cell phone battery, having
exchanges such as:

"Junior Alie Smart..."

"Slant, as in three-horse slant?"

"No, Smart, as in clever"

"V as in victor?"

"No, D as in dog..."

This accounts for some of the slightly odd spellings of some
of the names. Either way, Kevin did a great job and most were
pretty accurate.

(I also had to listen to him screaming when I told him it was 57°F
at 8:30 pm - where he was in AZ it was still over 100 degrees.
Not sure what the chances are of luring him up north to do VC100
any time in the future).

Lucy Chaplin Trumbull
elsietee AT foothill DOT net
Repotted english person in the Sierra foothills, CA