From: tichenor06
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 10:03 AM
Subject: [RC] Everything you ever wanted to know about CHIGGERS

Read this link below carefully.

It will clear up alot of stuff about chiggers.  Like for instance:  chiggers do NOT burrow into skin.  Chiggers ARE like ticks.

I have read the above link long, long ago.  I made sure I wiped off as much as possible with soap and water in a small bucket in my trailer.  I got 5 "bites" total from chiggers at BSF.  One on each side of my ankle, and one strangely inbetween my wedding rings.  There are two rings on that finger, now how that happened I don't know.  With all the washing, hand washing, and movement of my hand, it is a mystery.  But that is what it is: chigger saliva and mouth tube.  ick.  Oh and I did have my ankles sprayed pretty good, legs, arms etc.  Must have missed a spot.

Oh yeah, they itch.  Can't wait for it to stop.  I have had them bad before and I am careful now.

Laura T
Alabama