Re: [RC] Teaching rearing - Beth Walker

If you are interested in teaching tricks for fun, then I would sure pick bowing over rearing as safer. :) ? But as Susan said, it is your business.

Another trick that looks really neat is the Spanish Walk. ?That is the one where the horse walks forward, but the front legs lift high and out. ?Very snazzy looking. ?The only downside I've ever heard with the Spanish Walk is if you happen to be interested in dressage -- some horses like the trick so much they will do it on their own, which isn't too good if you happen to be trying for a collected walk in a dressage test. ?:)

I only ever half-taught the Spanish Walk to my first horse, so I'm not going to try and tell you how to do it - I'm not sure they way I was taught is correct. ?It is pretty common in circus routines, though, so you might ask Mary Downey.