[RC] Registered Arabian to be Eaten by Family Unless He is Sold Soon! - janeenesings

Hello All,

This was on ablackhorse.com:

*****

Take a look at the post HD03 posted about the CraigsList on the Equipac Rescue Forum. This was very disturbing because this is one of the horses we have listed on our Arabian Horse Rehoming Resource website (http://www.arabianhorserehomingresource.com), by the name of WW Flash of Rubys, where the owner (Wendy) has been trying to find this 3 year old gelding a home for quite some time. I called Wendy right away to find out the status on this gelding. Wendy's husband answered and said she was sleeping (works nights), but said if they don't sell the gelding in the next week or two they were going to eat him. I said, "are you joking?" He said "No, we have kids to feed and too many other mouths." He woke up Wendy so I could talk with her. I told her I thought her husband was kidding at first, but could quickly tell he wasn't. She said, "Brenda, I'm a realist ... I have four children, and these horses. She said she either has or has had cat tle and they know how to butcher their own meat. Said her husband is disabled and things just aren't going well. She's very frustrated in that she feels she has a well handled purebred Arab gelding that has been well cared for and dumped on her (by her sister) and yet she can't afford to feed another mouth. I asked her if I found someone to come take the horse off her hands would she release the horse to the individual. She said "No, I need food for our table, and I can put 300-400 lbs of meat in our freezer, and provide for my family, if I can't get $400 to buy other meats with."

Wow!!!! It's really sad some things have become THIS bad for some when they can't get a mere $400 for a registered Arabian. This gelding is 14.2-14.3 hands and has had lots of handling. She knows horses well enough and said he would make a good endurance prospect, or he will make food for their table!!

This gelding is located fairly close to Springfield, MO if anyone can put $400 in these folks' hands and go get this gelding. Is there anyone even NEAR Springfield, MO that could go get this gelding if there was someone else that would buy him?? He comes with his registration papers.

Please don't get into bashing of these people. I was appalled at the post that I read, but when I got on the phone with Wendy I had to honestly understand what she was saying. She said "I love my horses, but I love my children more, and I have to do what I have to do." Yes, that is a realist!!!! A realist that is quite desparate!!!

Here's the link to our Rehoming website where this gelding is pictured:

Flash of Rubys