[RC] A week for miracles? - Spottedracer

After seeing that NFL player going from 'will never walk again' - to being able to make slight movements... I'm wondering if this is a week for miracles?

After two brain scans last week showing Severe brain damage (AKA 'vegetative' state).. Doctors had the third brain scan on Monday. If it showed no improvement, Mom's living will was to be followed.

As they brought her out of sedation,in preperation for the final scan,  Mom actually LOOKED at Dad, then my Sister, then my Aunt - when each of them talked to her. My aunt (our 'case managing nurse') Asked her specific questions, which she was able to give a definite nod or shake in response.

The entire ICU nursing staff gathered, unable to believe it! Monady's Brain scan showed 'significant improvement'. Another brain scan was done on Tuesday. Aunt Margaritt observed that Mom was 'much more lucent' when brought out of sedation on Tuesday, than on Monday.

So now we are arranging for her move to a longterm care/rehab facility once she is released from ICU. The Cardiologist doesn't give her a very good long-term expectancy due to the severe damage to her heart. But for Mom, this is a miracle! She'd rather live a breif period with her mind intact - than live a long time without her mind.

- LP