Re: [RC] Big South Fork 100 - Don Huston

Hello Jody,
Since you say it is always on one side I think you are correct to suspect a balance issue. It could be the saddle. I would test the saddle by tacking up the horse, put a strap thru the stirrups under the chest loosely to keep the stirrups from pounding the horse and pony her on trails for several miles. The saddle should stay right in the center. I was riding with a fella last year and every time we tailed for a while his saddle would slip to the same side. He was ignoring it. I suggested we check the saddle at lunch and with just a rough check it was obvious that the bars were not both the same. I do not know what he did about it. Have you tried a flexible cinch? Good luck cause it's always nice to get a little.
Don Huston