[RC] Equi-Ed Fundraiser & Chamberlain Creek Ride - Alan Kay

Equi-Ed is a community-based therapeutic riding program that serves students with special physical, developmental and emotional needs.

I serve on Equi-Ed’s board of directors and volunteer weekly at our facility in Santa Rosa, California, assisting with lessons, cleaning paddocks, feeding and caring for our therapy horses. I see first hand the hours and hours of hard work put in by all of our volunteers and staff and witness the remarkable benefits to our students. Equi-Ed provides over 1000 lessons each year!

Last September, my horse, Cal, and I completed our first endurance ride at Cuneo Creek. I solicited sponsors for the ride and with your help raised over $2,000 for Equi-Ed. This week, Cal and I hope to raise more funds for Equi-Ed at the Chamberlain Creek ride. Equi-Ed depends on donations to pay their operating expenses, including feed and care for their therapy horses, riding helmets, program supplies, insurance and more. Every single penny goes directly back into the program!

If you feel inclined, I’d love to have you support my fund raising goal of $3,000 for this year’s ride. You can donate at the Equi-Ed web site (http://www.equi-ed.org/makeadif.html) or send me a check made out to Equi-Ed. All donations are tax deductible. If you are at the ride, look for the Equi-Ed banner on my trailer – stop by and say “hi!” Your help will really will make a difference in the lives of children and adults with special needs.

Thank you for your support!

Alan Kay & Cal
2023 Pleasant Hill Road
Sebastopol, CA  95472