[RC] re: ride vs. race - Cindy Collins

I have to apologize for opening up that can of worms.? I think it's been taken out of context and misconstrued...unintentionally.? I think the whole point I was trying to make (and that I believe the average "XP" rider understands) is that the reason for even considering a "split" is that many of us truly enjoy the laid back, you are 100% responsible for your actions and your horse, minimal rule type endurance "rides" and are terrified that the big time races and FEI type rules will be the death of our preferred type of ride.? Logistically, financially and resource-wise, many of these rides could not be held with the overkill of rules needed at a high profile type "race" and those extra rules are not necessary for XP type rides or many of the family oriented, relaxed western rides.? Every time I hear someone say that the AERC needs a new rule requiring vet checks every so many miles and a certain numbers of vets and a designated treatment vet on site, I just shudder.? I agree that they are needed in certain situations, but NOT in all and I believe that requiring them will destroy something precious and irreplaceable for many of us. Cindy

Cindy Collins