Re: [RC] [RC] Open European Championship 2007 : Steph's Wrap up - Maryanne Gabbani

Nik,
Kanavy's Navy notwithstanding, there is no individual or consortium in US endurance that has the resources to put into the sort of research and application thereof into food, drugs and exercise that the Maktoum family or the Nahyan family have. The quantities of horses in their stables, the exquisite refinement of measurement of type of muscle corresponding to type of exercise and type of diet, the ability to choose the ONE race for which that horse will be prepared...

This is not the world of US endurance...or if it is there are some secrets being kept.  The sooner people stop comparing the UAE with anything in normal experience, the better as far as I can see. We are talking apples  and oranges. Just ain't the same thing at all.  Much better goal would be keeping up with the Europeans.

Maryanne