[RC] Open European Championship 2007 :Step's wrap up - Nik Isahak Abdullah

As the few non American addicted to this website I always enjoy Stephanie's writings especially the Wrap Up's be it on a small ride in my part of the world ,Latin America's rides or the endurance world at large ie Europe or Middle East .She's urbane ,her writings reflect the reality and aspirations endurance world as she sees it elsewhere.Endurance is many things to many people .To the petrodollar rich Middle eastern Countries it is a way of going back to their roots ,also a small way of saying to the rest of the world 'we have arrived'.To the Latinos ,endurance equestrianism reflect previous centuries of Spanish conquest ,exploration and plunder ! To you Americans ,perhaps the Wild Wild west era and a sport of leisure for the landed and gentry . I may be wrong .
But your chief de quippe is certainly right ,within the huge borders of America ,it is not too difficult for you guys to bounce back again in the fore front of FEI endurance .It is a matter of orientation and focus .I have no doubtwith you resources and planning you guys will do well in WEC 2008.When I see how you guys have resolutions and table plans for the next 2 years in your USET and AERC meets ,I got the cold shivers and feel shameful .We are still mere amateurs in comparision ,always "adhocking" all the way !

Yours Sincerely
Dr Nik

Windows Live Spaces is here! http://get.live.com/spaces/overview It?s easy to create your own personal Web site.