[RC] Old Horses and weighing decisions...... - aarenex

Even if you are not able to choose a "grave site", you can still choose a special place for remembrance.

We planted an apple tree in the front yard of the stable where Story lived her last years.  I hung a purple biothane strap with her old bridle tag attached to it onto one branch.  In a few years, we will have apples.  Story and I used to ride up to an old apple tree in the hills above my house and gorge ourselves on fruit all afternoon...

...that is worth remembering.

--Aarene
--
Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.