From: Barbara McCrary <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sep 5, 2007 8:58 AM
To: L gin <ladurgin@xxxxxxx>, Ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC]   Let Play:"Stump the Vets!!" ;0)

Is there a possibility this could be "pigeon fever?"  That will cause
swellings on the chest, and inside the sheath, as based on our experiences.
Eventually, the swellings will rupture and drain.  The ones on the chest are
accessible and easier to detect, and when they form a soft center, can be
lanced and drained.  The one inside the sheath was undetectable, except for
the fact that the horse was obviously miserable.  When it erupted on its
own, the horse was hopping around with glee at the relief from pressure and
pain.  Check this possibility with your vet?

Barbara