Re: [RC] Cruppers - desertrydr1

Another point about having to have the crupper snug on the falt, if the saddle wants to slide forward when there's no force of gravity (going downhill)  there's a good chance that the saddle is really too narrow for the horse.  That's a classic sign of a too-narrow saddle.  jeri

>>>I adjust the crupper so that when the saddle is sitting right where I wantit
to, the crupper is taut. If you don't do that, the >>>saddle will simplyslip
forward until it is. Then it's not going to be where you want it. I am
a tall, heavy weight rider and use a western type saddle. I have had