RE: Re: [RC] Reality bites/ horse slaughter - Suzanne Avery

I know many people would find this a repugnant solution to disposing of
excess horses (I personally do not, as long as the horses are transported
and handled with compassion and efficiency), but still a much better end for
many animals than starving in pasture.

Just curious if anyone knows.

Susan Garlinghouse, DVM

Susan,

I could not agree with you more. We have already seen horses set free
because people can not care for them and have no place to take them. If they
can not afford feed them can not afford  to euthanize and then the horses
are forced to starve to death. CRUEL....

People can not afford to take care of cats and dogs so what is going to
happen with not outlet on horses? Makes me sick. I think slaughter is not a
bad thing if it is monitored and done correctly. WHO CARES IF SOMEONE EATS A
HORSE WHEN IT IS DEAD??????????? DEAD IS DEAD!!!! So folks would rather see
them starve to death then euthanized. After euthanizing or shooting them
what do we do with the carcass? Landfill? Zoos can not take the meat do to
euthanization solution. Seems to me the tree huggers would want the horses
recycled, meaning the food chain.

The shelters across America are going to have to start building holding
facilities for "stray" horses. If no one claims them and they are not
adopted I guess the cites/counties will have to set up a euthanization
program just like dogs/cats. It will be another slaughter just a different
type. How many cats/dogs do we slaughter in this country daily??

The BLM horses will not longer be a clean herd as it they will be a
"dumping" ground for stray and abused horses.

This whole thing is totally irrational and extremely

Suzanne Avery DVM