[RC] Coolback vs Woolback Pads - sherman

Of course if you ride with a saddle that has fleece on the bottom, the sliding won’t be a problem. There are things one could do to stop sliding blankets, but they generally involve gluing something like a piece of Velcro to the saddle and many people would’t want to do that. My saddles and horses get along well with both the Coolback and Woolback pads.

Kathy

I found that the coolback pads slipped under my
english saddle.  I'd be riding along and find that my
coolback pad and slipped backwards six inches or so.
The only way to remedy this was to get off undo the
girth and move everything to the original
position...and then do it again in two miles or so.
When I bought a dixie-midnight no-sweat vent pad the
darn thing about slipped completely out from under the
coolback pad.  I found a used wookback pad and the
problem was solved.  The tiny barbs of wool really
keep thinks in place, even the dixie-midnight pad.
I'll never use a coolback pad under an english saddle
ever again. I absolutely LOVE my dixie midnight pad.
Their claim is correct:  you will never wash a blanket
again!  These pads are worth every cent IMHO.

-One who does endurance on a shoe-string