[RC] NC Ho hum...NOT! - Naomi Preston

First of all, thanks to Steph and John for putting on a truly World Class event for the NC!

Now, let's address the Ho hum,  ROC comparisons.

I've attended two ROC's.  They were great, no doubt.   However, this year's NC was just as special event as I remember the ROC's, and in some ways better!  I was just a crew and volunteer at this year's event, but from my vantage point, it ROCKED!  There were lots of top riders, just look at the list.  It reads like a "Who's who" of endurance.  Then there were the folks from Malaysia, South Africa, South America, Japan, Canada........and even Virginia!  The "extras" were all there.......from the awesome custom embroidered bag full of goodies given to riders on check-in, to the great awards, including saddles for BC's of both distances, to the raffle with tons of prizes, to the trade show with top vendors, to the seminars with top riders and farriers, to the catered meals every day, to the dance with a live band!  And the trail (according to riders) was definitely a championship challenge.  The vet checks ran smoothly and seamlessly.  The camaraderie among riders and crews and volunteers and everyone was outstanding!!

This is one event I don't want to miss in the future -- especially if it's anything like what Steph & John put on.  I feel lucky to have been there to crew.....but next time, I'll be there riding cause it's a SUPER EVENT!!

Thanks again Steph, John, and all the volunteers that made this event possible!
Naomi