[RC] Parelli competitions - manners competitions for young horses at shows? - sherman

Karen wrote:
I do agree totally with this.....and also, "future" trail horses
should be hiked or
ponied out on the trail as youngsters...how many folks to THAT?!

I do! And when I finally got on the little mustang/Arab filly she did not want to spend any time doing circles, she headed towards the road and made it perfectly clear that she wanted to go down the trail. So we did, after about only 5 confined rides. She was very, very responsive to the bit, would stop immediately on verbal command, and had never bucked either, so I felt it was safe. Yep, she’s trailered nicely since a weanling, too.