[RC] Road founder? - Robert R

I've never heard of this but was warned rather vehemently today that I am asking for it.  Anyone know anything about it.  I have an appy gelding with whom I do a lot of road miles.  He wears drill-tek shoes because of the asphalt.  He has never shown an ounce of soreness as a result of this but now I am worried that as I increase his work load and distance, I might damage him.  I suppose I could switch to easy boots--I have a set but have never been tremendously successful with keeping them on although I have never tried with him.  Anyone have any insights on any of this.

I got turned onto drill-teks with my draft horses and logging.  They were shearing off their toes pulling logs on frozen ground, especially uphills and keg shoes where slicker than snot.  My farrier recommended drill-teks and they work great for them.  Most of the buggy horses I know wear them also so I put them on my riding horse probably 3 years ago and have never had any complaints.  I was told today that he wouldn't likely show any signs of soreness until the repeated concussive effect and lack of ability to slide with the drill-teks added up to major injury.  I'm not completely sure if I buy it or not but figured someone here would know something about it.  Thanks.

This email scanned for Viruses and Spam by ZCloud.net using SpamViper