[RC] Shoulder Conformation - Angie Fura

Hi RC - I'm hoping you can help me connect the dots when it comes to the angle of a horse's shoulder.  I'm trying to figure out what implications this conformation has and I 've not been able to find some of the answers on line or in my horse conformation books.

So far, I've learned that the steeper the angle, the rougher the trot and the more likely the horse is to hollow his back. What I don't know is why.  Can anyone help me understand the connection?

I'd also like to know if there are other implications - is the horse more likely to trip/stumble, etc?  Aside from encouraging the horse to round his back, are there any other things I can do to minimize the impact of this conformation on performance?

Thanks in advance!

Angie Fura
Trace Tribute 25/55
www.tracetribute.com