Re: [RC] Shock Wave Therapy for Cyrus - Rebecca Fabiszak

We had great success with using Extra Colloidial Shock Wave Therapy.  Daughter's 4-H pony (same one that is now severely foundered) had it done 4 years ago for an old sprained ankle, rt. hind. How it was explained to me was that the shock wave would blow apart the scar tissue then the healing would begin anew. Worked great for Zebby. He competed successfully for the next 4 years until the Chicken Scratch incident last year. Well worth the money, in my opinion. We did have the best vet in the area do it. Dr. Clark in Albion, Idaho did it. I would give him a call. Beccy

----- Original Message ----
From: Heidi Vanderbilt <luckypupranch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 8:32:22 AM
Subject: [RC] Shock Wave Therapy for Cyrus

Do any of you have experience with shock wave therapy? It would be used for an old injury, to "remodel" Cyrus' fetlock. He is on 2 grams bute daily, most days, and the vet thinks this therapy might make him serviceably sound without pain meds.

Heidi Vanderbilt
LuckyPup Ranch
12000 S Wrong Mountain Road
Benson, AZ   85602