[RC] back from tie-up - sherman

Hi Susan,

Shadow’s tie-up happened in mid-June. We were about 4 miles into an easy ride when she tied up. We stopped, gave her banamine & waited ‘til she could walk a couple hundred yards to a trailer, then we went to the vet about 30 minutes later. Blood was drawn for testing, more banamine was injected, we waited around for awhile so the vet could observe her, then we took her home, gave bute for several days. She was on pasture rest and actually rested for about the first week. After that, she started self exercising and acting normal so the vet recommended hand walking every day for about an hour. We waited three weeks from the first blood test to do a second one, and her enzymes were still too high so we waited another 2 weeks and tested again. She was finally back to normal. We’ve been going on conditioning rides for 2 weeks now, and she seems no different that before, energetic and good heart rate and recoveries. The 50 that we’re considering is in another 2 weeks. What do you think?

Kathy