[RC] Rider seriously injured at Lake Folsom - sindy mccosker

If you have time please.... say a prayer for a very wonderful woman that sustained serious injuries while leading a group ride out of Sterling Point on Saturday. She is not an endurance rider but a very avid trail rider, horse lover and all around great gal.  She is the equestrian group leader at Bayside Church in Granite Bay, CA.

Here is the email I recieved this morning...

Our Equestrian Division Leader, Oleta Lutz, was bucked off her horse on Saturday while leading the BAS trail ride at Sterling Point. Oleta sustained some serious injuries and was life flighted to the Roseville Sutter Hospital trauma center.

Her injuries include 5 broken ribs, a fractured pelvis, lacerated kidney, and some internal bleeding. Her attitude is great and she is thankful as it could have been much worse as the horse reared back and actually landed on her. Her son, Ryan, was on the ride with the group.

She will be in the trauma unit for several more days and can be reached through the general hospital number and ask for Oleta Lutz. Oleta can have visitors (no more than two at a time), so feel free to do so! Just enter the center building, go up to the 2nd floor, and follow the signs to the trauma unit. When you get there the double door will be locked but just pick up the phone on the wall which rings to the nurses desk and you will be admitted.

Oleta launched the Equestrian Division to the successful division that it is today and we are all thankful for wonderful fellowship and growth the all the participants have experienced. We can all show are thanks by supporting her during her recovery.

~Sindy~

And on the seventh day ... God went riding!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=