[RC] Shoes - Padded or none padded - endurancegal12

After a few recent events, I have been wondering what type of shoeing would be the best for my horse to compete in endurance. For the past few years I have been using pads with packing though after having my sponsors horse get sand packed in the pad, we considered making a dime size hole in the pad and just flushing the foot out.  I know a few people who just use a regular shoe without a pad. What do you consider the best way to shoe any endurance horse?

Sarah