[RC] re: horse with attitude and comments from non horse people - mary

I have also come off many times since I started riding again 7 years ago.  Those quick stops/dropped shoulders, especially when traveling at speed are killers.  I haven't really gotten hurt yet except for aches and pains and one time a concussion.
Non-horse people seem to think that either I am crazy for getting back on again or that I must be a terrible rider and have no excuse for being on a horse.  I had this horse for a short while that occasionally turned into a rodeo type bucking horse .  She tossed me (in a soft sand arena) and I held on to the reins and broke the tip of my finger.  I told everyone that I tripped, fell  and caught my finger on the porch.  Now they all think I am clumsy too.  What really got me, was when the owner of a stable I was at for a while told me that I had fallen more than she had in her entire life.  Of course she rode only in the indoor arena and only rode well-broke pokey western pleasure horses.  - Never out on trail with elk jumping out in front of her - not to mention the moose and the horse eating rocks and trees.
So, I just want to tell you all that I love hearing that there are others that are good riders and yet eat dirt too occasionally.  Thank  you. Thank you. Thank you.

- mary