Re: [RC] [RC] Horse with attitude...Emergency Dismount - Stacy Sadar

Okay when Jessica wrote about her "emergency-dismount, and aim-to-roll." I just had to laugh!  I will do "emergency-dismounts" too when I need to get off before the situation gets worse...like bucking up a hill!

Well, one time at the end of a LONG motorcycle ride with me on the back of the bike, my husband was pulling off to the edge of the gravel road by the driveway in VA......In my head, I'm wondering why he would go there because the ground is soft, gravel, etc.  Here we go with a 1mph tip-over.  Me....I saw the whole incident coming and did an emergency-dismount!!!  Turned toward the bike and reached over to pick the bike up....with him still on it!

He tells the same story except adds, "all I felt was Stacy's hands on my back and she was standing right next to the bike picking it up!  I was wondering why it was so light.  Don't marry a horse-girl who knows an emergency dismount.  She'll just jump off and leave you looking like a dumba$$!!"

Moral to the story...
1. Emergency dismounts do come in handy and everyone should learn them!
2. Stop riding the motorcycle before you get too tired...be glad your wife could think to get off!

Stacy