RE: [RC] [RC] Reality bites - Kelly Lane

Well said Karen. Its not about the eating, its about the inhumane treatment, irresponsible ownership and the throw away overproduction. Period.

Kel

From: "Karen Everhart" <rainbowmeadowsranch@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Sisu West Ranch" <ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: "ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC] Reality bites
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 17:35:13 -0500

This statement amuses me.  I doubt that many folk (though there will always be some) are opposed to the "eating of horses" but rather the appalling treatment of horses through the slaughter process.  Even in America in times of need, horses were eaten and, if those circumstances occur again, will most likely be brought again to the dining table.

Interestingly, the foreign owners of Cavel, etc., are not making their millions by selling horsemeat to the impoverished and starving countries in the world but rather the wealthy diners who have discretionary dollars to spend.

Also, the foreign owners of the slaughter plants come to America to purchase and process their horse products because our horses are so cheap.  Our horses are so cheap because we produce too many.  We produce too many because we are a greedy nation.  Now, therein lies the real bite.

Karen Everhart MEd
Rainbow Meadows Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
Serving the equine companions who have so loyally served us...
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com
620-725-3402

Owner/Operator Horse Calls - Equine Management Solutions
Centered Riding Instructor
Distance Horse Conditioning and Training
www.horsecalls.com
316-648-5082

Ed wrote:

Those who claim that it is immoral to eat any horse or even their own horse, should ask themselves the
following question:  "How hungry and starving would my child have to be before I killed my horse or dog
and fed it to them?"  This is the true reality that does bite.

Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more?.then map the best route! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=