Re: [RC] Horse hell - Andrea Day

Apparently people don't realize that you were able to sell a horse at auction and specify that the horse was to be sold as a killer horse. I've done that, and had no problem with the auctioneer not announcing that fact. This is a case of buyer beware, or shall we say, buyer be intelligent.

I actually had a woman bid on a horse I sent through, and when I went to corner her later to ask her why, she said she was "rescuing" this poor horse. I explained to her exactly why I sent him through the sale, and why I specified he go as a killer. I offered to buy him back from her for what she had paid plus some "boot money" and she refused. A month later she called to tell me she had sent him to the packers for the same reason. Ironically, packer prices had doubled, and she wanted to pay me half. I explained to her that I wasn't selling to make a profit, I was selling to solve a problem, and I'd done that a month before.

All your reasons will not change my mind about putting a horse through the sale ring again, if necessary, just as mine won't convince anyone who thinks different.

I'd rather put the money from that sale into my other animals, and I'd rather that horse went to use then have it shot full of poison and put into the ground as a pollutant. Zoos are starting to be overwhelmed with donations of horsemeat, and anyway, they won't take meat from many horses that have been 'well taken care of' since the meat is often full of chemicals, including wormers. I'll lobby for humane slaughter conditions for ALL our animals. Humanely run slaughterhouses are not hell.

Please refrain from flaming me individually. Have a hamburger instead.
Andrea

Messenger Café ? open for fun 24/7. Hot games, cool activities served daily. Visit now. http://cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_AugHMtagline