[RC] horse slaughter - sherman

No, Raven, your case is not the type of horse that I’m referring to. Your horse was a good horse, was loved & cared for, served you well, then got sick (tumor). I’m talking about the horse that never is considered a good horse, gets passed around to unwitting owners. No one ever really cares much about the horse because they soon find out that the horse was misrepresented to them and they try for awhile to make it work, the horse finally ends up to be too dangerous to be around. What do you propose be done with these horses?

Kathy

Agreed. Been there...done that. Just last year, I put down my
once-in-lifetime horse due to a brain abscess that left him totally
dangerous. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life
as a horse owner, but there was no way in hell that I was going to
ship Wizard to slaughter.   Even at the end of his life, when I feared
him...he deserved a death...at home, with me holding the lead line.
And yes...I paid the rendering truck.