Re: [RC] portable corrals - Beth Walker

Well ... it depends on your definition of "light weight". ?However, I have the Cart-a-Corral panels. ?These are made of steel, not PVC. ?They telescope into a package about 4 x 4 ... it fits in the back of my truck - I can fit one spare tire and the corral panels side-by-side in the front of the truck bed. ?The whole package is heavy -- two people required. ?I take the panels out one at a time, and put them back the same way. ?I just leave the whole thing in the bed of my truck, and only move them to actually set up the corral.

I do like them -- they seem to be pretty sturdy. ?They are probably more time-consuming to set up than an electric system, but one person can set up or take down the corral in about a 1/2 hour. ? I did buy 2 extra panels (which was expensive due to shipping) but I wanted a bit more room than the 10 x 10 that is 'standard'. ?I have only actually used it once so far, but I did like how it worked out. ??

The only caveat I will put in here is that my fellow does not push or rub against the panels, even when he is spooked (which he was the first night ... something in the bushes). ?The panels stayed put very nicely for me. ?However, for a horse that rubs or pushes, some reinforcement might be needed to keep the panels in place.