Re: [RC] was slaughter update. - SandyDSA

In a message dated 8/14/2007 8:45:15 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, ag47xau49@xxxxxxxxx writes:
How fair is it to keep an animal alive that is is constant pain?
This is a totally different issue, and as our past 30 years with horses and dogs demonstrates, we would be the FIRST ones to take our pet out of suffering, as we did for our 12 year old Collie girl just two weeks ago, and my 30 year old precious Arabian mare 2 years ago today. It is not the same as dumping an aging horse simply to make room for another horse to ride. Compassionate euthanasia or even giving an aged campaigner to a darling niece or someone close who would LOVE to have that trained old gal or guy to ride gently and love - that is different. Having pets of any kind is a commitment to their lifelong welfare. If people do not want to or are not in the position to ensure their golden years, then don't GET one. It isn't a RIGHT - it is a PRIVILEGE.

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com