[RC] Large grain meals - Fred & Cynthia Ross

Kathy, in regard to the horse I was talking about on large grain meals. This horse is extremely fit and active. He is VERY energetic (on a small amount of grain!), is in good weight, has good teeth and no trouble eating.

But, the horse has worked hard all it's life and IS 20 years old. Gosh, my "top line" doesn't look like it did when I was young either. And no amount of eating is going to imporve it. (Actually, eating is the problem! LOL) But, seriously, this horse is one of the best looking 20 yr. old horses I know. I'm just not sure how providing a horse that is already at a good weight an "all you can eat" buffet of senior feed is going to improve it's "top line".  Though a senior feed or a complete feed may not be considered a "grain" they are still a concentrate aren't they?

Cindy R. in Maine