[RC] Woolback Girth Rubbing - Sheri Thompson

I am trying to find a girth for my saddle that won't rub my horse behind the front leg.  I have always used a Toklat woolback girth and have never had any problems.  This new guy must have thin skin or something because even though the girth doesn't sit in that area (standing it sits 4-6 inches from his front leg), he still got a pretty good size raw spot so the fuzzy part of the woolback girth must irritate or rub him.  I washed it again but it wasn't that dirty.  It's only on the left side.  I need to keep him going but don't want him raw everytime I ride him and of course it gets bigger with more work.  I would like a girth with an elastic end.  Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks.
Sheri