[RC] hurt horse------ just venting - jamie ward

A friend and I have a 4-H club and I allow one of the girls to use my Endurance horse to ride him in the round pen/arena etc but their is ALWAYS suposed to be an adult present (12-14 yr olds) well they were just cleaning feet,& brushing while my friend ran to pick up her son a few miles away.I get a call that my horse is caught up in his lead rope So i rush over their with all kinds of horrable images in my head.When i get their he is in the round pen so i go check him out he had a few superfishal cuts/ropeburn's on both his upper forearms so i started to breath a huge sigh of relief but decide to thouroly examen him and he all but put his right front leg in my hand so i run my hand down it and feel heat and swelling near the fetlock joint and along the tendon their is a little swelling I put a Ice pack on it right away and talk to the girls they said the walked in to the barn leaving him tied and a min later came out to find his leg /knee over the rope putting all his weight on it they couldnt untie it for some reason even though they swear they used the proper knot  so they tried to cut it but didnt have a sharp enough knive then one of the girls reached threw and unfastned his halter .So now im trying to peace together what might be the cause of the swelling Im not even going to try to figure what happened to a horse who ties perfectly and what could of been the cause of him freaking out but i think the girls are not telling everything cause of where the abrashions are.needles to say they will not work with him without me their agian

jamie

Custom made rump warmer's > made just for you and your horse, with your horses measurements,and you choose your colors/prints,warmth etc e-mail me for more info

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely!  Life is an adventure which should bring you  skidding into Heaven's gates, totally worn out, scuffed up and bleeding, yelling, "Whoo Hoo, what a ride