[RC] Narrow trails/ recommended reading. - rides2far

I bought both books after you recommended them before.

There's one more "Among the Tibetans  A Legendary 1893 Journey". :-)
Strange little woman...couldn't get enough *wild* riding & totally
rugged, dangerous camping, but such a Victorian Lady when in
civilization. The minute she lived in a house she became an invalid...but
ask her to cross the snow covered mountains and she'd jump on a horse in
a heart beat!  GREAT historical reading for the endurance rider because
she cares about the terrain, quality of horse, describes mph of trotting
distance, etc.

Just scanning "Letters to Henrietta" and found where "not everybody"
makes it past the narrow trails:

"On the way to Hilo a man on horseback carrying a child had fallen over
the track. The child was not hurt but the man and horse were killed. At
the place where he went over the furns and bushes were all torn away. It
was not one of the worst places, there are several so and on 2 of the
palis as they are called the track is so narrow that one of your feet
hangs over a precipice 500 ft. deep. I liked my ride. The horse had
sobered down."

When she has to leave Hawaii, here is her lament:

"Oh the life on breezy hills on countless horses. This is the life that's
meant for me.All my gear and occupations on the saddle and no more
thought or care. And how useless my riding will ever after be! No more
shall I tire three horses in a day".  (then a little later when on the
boat she states) "I have missed the riding so dreadfully the last 10
days. It was my life and without it I die".

She reminds me so much of people I hang out with. >g<

Angie