Re: [RC] Anemia -- Vets?? - Don Huston

Hello Val,
Several years ago my 18yo enduro horse started coughing a little, then more, then when he ran around the pen he started sticking his head out and really hacking so I had him scoped to check for something stuck in his throat. Nothing but red and irritated from coughing. Vet gave me some meds??? they did nothing, still coughing. The hay looked fine and the other 2 horses were fine, no coughing. I still decided to get totally different hay and wet it down some to reduce the dust. After a week the coughing was almost gone and after 3 weeks it was gone and I quit wetting the hay. IMHO there was something in the hay. All 3 had been eating hay from the same squeeze for 3-4 months before whatever it was built up in the 18yo and he started coughing. Totally different hay stopped the coughing.
Don Huston