[RC] Trip to China - Renee Dorsey

One of my dearest friends, who is an Equine vet at my old college, went to China with some students in May of this year.  She visited us last weekend and had some interesting things to say about China; especially since she has taken a trip each year for the past 3-4 years.  (Sweden, France, mainly European destinations).

Anyway, she said the pollution is UNBELIEVABLE - China has not been as concerned with air quality as the rest of the world in its haste to get "industrialized" - now the country is in a bit of a panic due to the upcoming Bejing Olympics.  They know that the athletes would not be able to breathe in their air.  She said when they landed in the US, all the students could say was, "OMG Fresh Air!"   China is trying desperately to implement solutions to this issue.   I hope it will be OK to send our country's horses over there!

Also, the difference between Europe and a communist China is, shall we say "eye-opening".  They also went to the Great Wall, and 3 or 4 major cities.  (Bejing, Shanghi, I cannot remember the other names....)  One place, they saw uniformed men moving a HUGE mountain of dirt from point A to point B - with buckets.  Here, it would be a loader.  Lots of stark differences between classes of people.

Anyway, maybe you have been there before and this is all old news.   If so, I am sorry.   I told her that if she ever gets to go to Dubai I want to go, but she doubts that Lake Erie will ever send a group to the ME.  She did have some cool pictures from China....

Have fun and be careful!

--
Renee E. Dorsey
"Love Many, Trust Few - but always paddle your OWN canoe."