Re: [RC] Narrow trails at Tevis - Barbara McCrary

I'm exactly the same, but I am gaining some confidence these days.  The bridges, unless there is something new since about 1986, weren't particularly threatening to me, but those narrow trails on steep drop-offs would set off a panic attack in me.  "It's not reality, it's perception."  That's my assessment of my fear.  If the trail has a wall of brush or trees, I could still fall off, but the wall makes me feel as if I couldn't fall.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 1:16 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Narrow trails at Tevis

Even if I ever worked my way up to 100 milers, Tevis would not be a ride I would be tempted to go on.  After hearing about horses and riders falling off the trail (on multiple years), not to mention those scary-looking bridges ...  nope, not me.  I don't like heights, and hate narrow drop-off types of trails.  I've been on a few, had a wreck on one, and got scared to death on some others.  'nuff for me.