[RC] narrow trails at Tevis - sherman

Photo 8760 shows how little room there is for error on this trail. Personally, I would never even get off my horse and lead on foot on this section, as I believe I have better control of his feet from his back.

I don’t know about handling a lose horse here, might be better to hope the horse follows directly behind, than to try to pony it. I don’t think any horse, even one with only a little sense of self preservation, would try to turn around & head into the riders behind. I also think riders should not take any horse without a very strong sense of self preservation on this trail. However, where the trail opens up, I sure would try to get the reins to assure the horse didn’t then turn around and go back and endanger the riders behind.

Picture 8760 should be part of the Tevis information packet, showing riders what they will be riding thru in the dark, so they could ask themselves if they would trust their horse here. Yep, it sure would be nice to have that 12-15 minutes (at a jog, 20+ minutes if you walk, eeek!) of trail widened, but I don’t think it’ll happen.

Kathy