Re: [RC] Morglans in Endurance - jamie ward

 I used to be a show groom at a Morgan stable so i know i bit about them, Most of the lankly "leaner" Morgans have actually been crossed with saddle bred some were down the line that is why they are also taller then the traditional Morgans also I know a lady who rides a morgan she does great in the LD's (has placed top 10  in a few rides even) but said she did not think her horse would be a good 50 + miler but that could just be that individual horse so...
Jamie

Beth Walker <bwalker2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
You betcha.  The owner of my boarding stable has a "Lippit Morgan".  Short & *very* stocky with a huge, thick neck.  I don't think she would be very competitive, though she might finish a ride.  Another friend of mine had a  Morgan -- about 15.3, better neck, but still built fairly stocky for his size, and with very high action that would probably increase fatigue over the long haul.

I would guess that the tall, lean types would do better as opposed to the "old style" Morgans, which are short and stocky.

(And that is the extent of my knowledge about Morgans)