[RC] white line/does this make sense? - indiancp

i sent this to the vet list but it's been a while and it hasn't shown up on the list yet so wondered if anyone here could advise?  respond privately is you wish.  help much appreciated.

patty in georgia

Man does not have the only memory,
The animals remember,
The earth remembers,
The stones remember,
If you know how to listen, they will tell you many things.

Claude Kuwanijuma - Hopi Spiritual leader.

.

got a little white line problem here.  not terrible but would rather not have it at all of course.  the black smith has me using fungidye daily.  that makes sense to me BUT
after the fungidye i'm supposed to use a toothbrush to brush in a cream that has benzadole?? peroxcide in it.  the cream is actually used to mix with plastic to do something or another to cars.  farrier says it keeps oxygen next to the white line, vet says it will do that til it dries.  if you have a big gob of it it stays moist for a looong time but it DOES dry in the white line.  since it does the next day you have to dig that mess out before you can do the fungidye and the cream again.  seems to me that since it dries you're cutting off any hope of oyygen and doesn't seem good to have to dig that stuff out.  thoughts on this?
also would it be a good thing or not to wash the feet before applying fungidye?
i'm never sure i'm getting to where i should be by just cleaning but if you wash the foot with a little brush you can see what you're doing.  this isn't deep white line disease and i sure hope to keep it from getting that way.  sorry, i know i'm kinda rambling but i'm really confused as to what is a good thing and what isn't.
tyi for any advice.