Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 12:15 PM
Subject: [RC] Injury to the front leg-Long OT

Hello all,
 First of all I do have the vet coming. I just wanted opinions to research before he comes later today. I have a 3 year old mare that got stuck up to her shoulder blade in the fence the other day. I saw her get stuck. I ran out and cut some wires, etc. Got her loose. She had several cuts on her front left leg. None on the right. She had a very deep gash on her girth area. I checked her over. It all seemed that I could treat it at home. I put furazone on all of the cuts. She was fine not limping or anything. I later found out that the neighbor had put four stallions next door and didn't tell me. Ergh! My fence is all electric except the one fence line that connects to the neighbor. I put up more electric about four feet away from that fence line so my guys won't get stuck again. But since two of his stallions have been stuck severely and I have had to cut them free and the owner doesn't seem to care. Any way she was fine....I go out on saturday and she is limping severly on her right leg....no cuts on that leg. I move her leg around and can't seem to find anything wrong with it. She lets me move it around any way I please. There is no heat on the leg. Her ankle is swollen and the rest of the leg is slightly swollen up to the knee. She is limping and seems to be walking on her toe. She is still going all over with the other two horses. She is eating and drinking fine.
Does anyone have an opinion? The answer may be obvious but please keep in mind that I never have to really deal with injuries. I am one of those lucky people I guess.

Geckogal85

Geckogal85