Re: [RC] Ranch/Farm names - Barbara McCrary

That makes sense, as ranch comes from the Spanish word rancho, and there is a huge historical Spanish influence in the SW and W.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
From: rnbianchi
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 8:18 AM
Subject: [RC] Ranch/Farm names

We have lived on both coasts of the USA and it seems like the in the East it is a farm and in the West it is a ranch.  We have 31 acres in Maryland and since we have Parson Russell Terriers and Arabians the logical name for our place is "Tails Up Farm".

Becky (smiling today because we finally got a little rain)