[RC] OT, feeding grass clippings - Amber Roberts

Last year, we were never able to make even one hay crop due to our drought.  This year, we are practically flooded out and haven't been able to get anyone to cut and bale our fields.  So we are just having to mow the fields to keep fresh growth available for the horses to graze.  However, this year the mowing has left huge piles of cut grass here and there which we'll probably harrow in.  Currently, I'm concerned about the horses getting into those grass mounds before we get them spread out.  Some years ago, I read somewhere that we should not feed freshly clipped grass to horses and I can't remember why.  Any thoughts on this?  Thanks.

Amber