Re: [RC] Which kind of ride SE riders? - Jody Rogers-Buttram

You know me Angie...I want the electrical hookups.

Jody

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:
This is for the Longstreet's Charge alumni and those who compete in this
general area. I checked out the WMA's new road to the old vet check at
Longstreet's Charge and it is much better than ever before. They replaced
a one lane dirt road with a 2+ lane wide smooth gravel highway. We can
have Lonstreet's Charge again if we want to. Remember the type of ride
it was...Rocky, rugged, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd vet checks away on the mountain
with no porto-lets (just woods) because the Porto-Let place won't leave
them up there. The camp had no running water, we rented a tent for the
meeting and had a cookout. It was approximately 1 hr. from Chattanooga,
maybe a little less than 2 hrs. from Atlanta.

Now, I've also been invited to put on a ride on Monteagle Mountain near
Sewanee. That place is FULL service. You have to rent a camping slot with
electricity & water at $20 per night. Your horse *has* to stay in a
stall, $10 per night includes bedding, but it has water & electricity.
There's a big log lodge and they can have a buffet. Flush toilets, hot
showers. Don't know about vet checks yet. Sounds like there would be
some rugged trails & some not so. It's 65 miles west of Chattanooga.
Probably an hour & a half or so from Nashville, same from Chattanooga,
closer to 3 1/2 -4 from Atlanta. (see http://www.circleeguestranch.com to
see what it's like)

What kind of ride do ya'll want? For two riders the full service place
would add $60 to your cost and your horse is in a tiny stall instead of a
paddock...but we might be able to absorb some of that not having to hire
porto-lets or a tent. If you've ever done Longstreet, or if either ride
is in your range, I'd love a personal note from you saying which you'd
prefer. If I put on a ride it will be one or the other, definitely not
both.

Angie

Angie McGhee
http://www.lightersideofendurance.com
Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they
bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.