Re: [RC] Horse Abuse in Malaysia - rides2far

Tom,
I saw the photos and it's awful. I'd like a better understanding of the
connection with endurance horses...since though this is about as bad as
starvation abuse can get, there are starvation cases over here too that
we should be upset about.  Peter Toft's name came up in several posts as
a "the FEI registered trainer" at this Melinsung Ranch . Does the Mayor
that owns the rental horses compete in endurance?  It says many of the
horses were origionally imported from Australia. I would think there
would be cheaper local horses to put on a rental string and starve if
you're the sort of person to do that. Are these horses that were imported
for endurance, were no longer fit for that and ended up on the rental
string for the hotels?  Reminds me of when Maryanne said used up
endurance horses might  end up being rented at the Pyramids over there.
Makes me feel better about feeding my retired horse with his big belly
and happy for Jody's retired horse that had a full meal and a graceful
exit from this earth yesterday. That rear shot of that by
www.visitmalaysiatourism.blogspot.com looks like it would have been a
heck of a horse some meat on it...and the palomino is heart breaking.

I'd like to hear Peter Toft defend this place...and I'd like to know who
would sell a horse through him  now?  Dr. Nik, where are you on this
story. How do you explain those photos?

Angie McGhee
Wildwood, GA

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 06:16:09 -0400 "Tom Sites" <goearth@xxxxxxxxxxx>