Re: [RC] SporTack Center-Fire Quick Cinch - jen

April,  I went with this exact set up with the mohair girth a few months ago and I love it.  I don't compete but I trail ride ALOT.  I have had no problems whatsoever.  Good luck, Jen and Banjo
----- Original Message -----
From: April
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 7:46 AM
Subject: [RC] SporTack Center-Fire Quick Cinch

Hi, Ridecamp,

I am looking at purchasing a Center-Fire Quick Cinch from SporTack. http://www.sportack.com/cms/index.cfm/path/94789/96913/96322/96323/96924/96513/

Right now I use center-fire rigging with long billet straps that start at the back loop, go through the girth, up to the front loop, back to the girth and then to the front loop to tie off. This does ok, but I'm thinking that it'd be easier to control the placement of the girth with the quick cinch set up, easier to adjust on the trail and as an added benefit, get rid of the tie bulk under my leg.

I'm concerned about the longevity of the girths, though. I'm worried that the girth will split apart where one buckle gets buckled to the back ring and the other buckle gets buckled to the front ring.

I'd appreciate comments, good and bad, private or public, regarding this set up. I prefer neoprene due to it's quick clean-up at vet checks, but I'm using mohair girths right now, so would appreciate comments on both options.

Thanks,
April
Nashville, TN
http://endurancerider.blogspot.com

--
"It doesn't matter how slowly you go - as long as you don't stop!" - Confucius