[RC] THANK YOU to the (now my) Tevis Family! - Cynthia LeDoux

THANK YOU to the (now my) Tevis Family!  Huge admiration and gratitude
goes out to everyone who makes this ride real for folks like me over the
past 53 years. Many of you know that completing this ride has been a goal
of mine since I first heard of the Tevis when I was only 19years old, some
25 years ago.  Tevis was on my ?things to do list? with becoming a
Fulbright scholarship, which btw, was much easier.  The 750+ volunteers,
my friends and family, and my horse Kosmos made this dream reality this
past weekend. You all created a possibility which enabled me to create an
opportunity to succeed.  One which I will never forget!  I will always
remember the volunteer at Robie who cheered me on into the pre-vet knowing
that Kosmos vetted in lame in 2005.  She said, ?Sweetie, that was then and
this is now so move forward?.  We did.  I was disappointed to discover
that Tony had placed us in Pen #3, but decided to trust his data analysis.
He placed us in the fabulous company of Connie Creech, Dave Rabe, and
Crysta Turnage.  Seeing my daughter?s eyes at Robinson Flat along with
those of Kate Tancer?s, Bruce Knauss, Lorraine Duff, my vet Mike Witt and
his wife Tricia,  and others all the way from  Mendocino County there to
cheer and support me was over whelming. I felt so loved, so special, so
supported.  Along the trail, I met many old friends and new ones like Cory
Soltau, Crockett Dumas, Anna Kitzmiller, and others.  My ephiany was
running into the paramedics there to help Roger Yohe, in the dark asking
me how far back up the trail he was located.  At any other point in time,
I could have provided a lat/long, but I was riding against the clock w/o
my gps.  That could have been anyone of us! As I trotted by, I reached for
my friend Gail?s lucky marble and held it all the way to the finish,
sending thoughts to Roger, who I have never met. When I crossed the
finished line with Allie Smart, Crystal Costa, and Anne, my thoughts were
with Roger, and everyone else who had helped us all come so far.  I have
not been able to get my mind around the experience yet, but what I do feel
is thankfulness for my horse, my husband, daughter, great crew, my
friends, and Wendel Robie for giving me this opportunity.  And Roger,
let?s have lunch sometime, cuz you were with us all the way to the finish!

Thank you to everyone who made this ride reality for us riders.
Especially for us, Eric Bloom, Emily Bloom, Kate Tancer, YOU ARE AWESOME!

Cynthia
cledouxatcwodotcom