[RC] hoof protection at Tevis - sherman

My horse, Sonny, was wearing easyboots on all fours, foamed on Thursday night. They are still on even though at some point during the ride, I think near the Quarry vet check, one of the rear buckles broke in half and even one of the buckle’s screws came out. I could hear the hardware jingling as he cantered along in the dark, but I was confident that the boot would hold…it did!

The good horse, Tico, that my daughter was riding slipped at the end of the pavement as we were leaving Foresthill & had to go back for medical care and a trailer ride to Auburn. He was so ready to complete the ride, it was a shame that he didn’t have the chance. Next time (yes, I think there may be a next time) I’ll boot the horse my daughter rides as well, then we won’t have to worry about losing shoes or slipping on pavement ending our ride.

Kathy

Just wondering if any of the horses at Tevis were wearing some kind of hoof boot, specifically, the Epics or Bares.

Dede